E+R= O (Event + Response= Outcome). We all have different events that happen to us, and depending on how we respond, we determine the outcome that we will have.
During the month of March, Ms. Gulati and I will be visiting classrooms to talk with students about what they are learning about and acknowledge ways they work together in order to demonstrate mastery of learning targets. Students are learning about:
TLM/PTA March PTA Meeting
We hope you can join us on March 14 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom for our monthly PTA meeting. PTA meets are a great way to hear directly from principals and connect with our parent community.Below is zoom meeting link and the agenda. Meeting ID: 841 9130 8616/ Passcode 254093 (Note, we are using the same mtg. ID and passcode all year). HERE is zoom meeting link and HERE is the agenda. Meeting ID: 841 9130 8616 / Passcode 254093
San Carlos Education Foundation, SCEF
Did you miss the SCEF auction event? There are still MANY ways for you and your family to participate and celebrate.
- Fund-The-Future, which is dedicated this year to supporting our school libraries
- March 10 - March 21 is the Online Silent Auction. Take a look at the get-aways, shopping, and dining experiences, as well as SO MANY teacher outings for your kids to join their teacher outside the classroom.
Generous community members and businesses have donated many items to SCEF and when you purchase these items and outings you are helping to raise much-needed funds for our schools. The online silent auction is open to everyone. Check it out!
As always, thank you for your stalwart support of our local public schools!
Heathy Cities Tutoring Orientation and Training
7pm – 7:35pm | New Tutor Orientation: If you have not tutored with us, this session covers everything you need to know to get started with a student!
7:45pm – 8:30pm | Tutor Tips Workshop: Interactive training with strategies for how to work with tutees in all subjects.
LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP FOR THE ZOOM TRAINING AT OUR WEBSITE: healthycitiestutoring.org
City of San Carlos After School Enrichment Programs
Registrations begins on Tuesday, March 8. Contact the Recreation Office at (650) 802-4382 or [email protected] for assistance.
Parent Education Opportunities
What are ways parents can set healthy boundaries for kids' use of technology in a post-pandemic world? Experts from Common Sense Media and Kaiser Permanente present Parenting in a Digital Age: A Conversation with Digital Media Experts March 24, Online.
COVID Reminders - Stay Home When Sick and Get Tested
Common Symptoms of COVID-19 (CDPH)
- Headache, Fever or Chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue (tiredness), Muscle or body aches, New Loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea
- If you have any of the symptoms listed above, call your school office to report an illness, stay home, and take a COVID test.
- If you need to report a positive COVID case, please call your school office or if it is after business hours, contact J. Smith at 650-590-5922.
For additional information, visit our COVID-19 Resources page and review the SCSD Health & Safety Plan.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics (Students Ages 5-11)
Covid-19 Testing Sites - CMS and TL
NEW OPTION - WORKSITE LABS - Arroyo Upper Elementary (Patio 3)
- Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:30 - 6:30 pm
Sign-up for testing at Arroyo
CURATIVE KIOSK - Central Middle School (parking lot)
- Mondays 11:00 am-6:00 pm
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Thursdays 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Fridays 11:00 am-6:00 pm
Sign-up for testing at Central
CURATIVE VAN - Tierra Linda Middle School (parking lot)
- Wednesday & Friday 11:00 am-5:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am-3:00 pm
Sign-up for testing at Tierra Linda
Other Community Based Testing sites in San Mateo County Here