Dear TL Families:
Budget Planning Process
Monday, May 11 is our monthly PTA meeting where we will engage parents and guardians in the budget planning process for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 school year. Our process will include:
- Monday, March 11 - Dr. Harmeier's presentation informing the community about the impact of the pandemic on our district budget over the next two years.
- After information is shared, there will be an opportunity for those at the meeting to weigh in on priorities. This will be open until Thursday May 14 at 8:00 p.m.
- On Friday, May 15 at 2:00 p.m., TL/MPA will have a School Site Council meeting and all parents/guardians are invited to attend and participate as we continue the process. In formation for joining the Zoom Meeting will be sent in an email to parents/guardians.
- Refer to the SCSD Budget Advisory Committee page on our website for more information
- District staff and leaders continue to work through this process the week of May 18
- Governor Newsom's budget revise/redo report comes out on May 15
- Board Meeting on April 30 had budget updates and there is a board meeting May 16
- Board Study session on May 21
TLM PTA News
PTA MEETING - Monday, May 11 @ 7PM
We will be holding a PTA meeting via zoom THIS Monday, Monday, May 11 at 7pm. Please click HERE for the agenda.
Our district superintendent, Dr. Michelle Harmeier, will be joining our meeting to discuss the harsh financial impacts that COVID-19 has had on our school district. She will be at the top of the agenda, so we encourage you to stay informed by joining the call if your schedule allows. Click HERE for the zoom meeting link. Zoom Meeting ID: 884 7343 4243 and Password: 383114
In light of the rapidly changing information as a result of COVID-19, we have added a meeting on June 8 at 7pm in the hopes that we can share updates about the plan moving forward for the Fall. Stay tuned as details unfold.
STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK
What a special treat to end Teacher Appreciation Week with the TL Staff car parade! Thank you to the teachers & staff who participated and gave us all a chance to “re-connect”! I’m confident it was just what everybody needed right now...
Many thanks to everybody who sent your wishes of gratitude to our entire TL team for all the hard work they have done for our students---they sure deserve all the kudos!
ATTENTION 8th GRADE FAMILIES - CARLMONT INFORMATION
HONORARY SERVICE AWARDS - SEEKING NOMINATIONS!
Every year we recognize those who have provided exceptional commitment to our community. Though we are no longer physically on the TLM campuses, The TLM PTA would still like to recognize those parents, TL and Mariposa Staff, and teachers who have gone above and beyond in service to our students and community.
If you know of someone who is deserving of this award, please provide the name of nominees along with a brief statement as to why this person deserves to be honored. Recipients of the Award will be recognized in our June Weekly News. Please submit your nominations to Carrie Fromm at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Thank you in advance for your participation!
San Carlos Education Foundation (SCEF)
Your help is needed to Make it Happen in May
Your SCEF donation is especially important this year because of the severe budget reductions we are facing as result of Covid-19. Acknowledging this difficult time, we ask for your help to raise the final $500,000 needed to reach our goal. Your contribution will enable SCEF to provide the San Carlos School District & San Carlos Charter School with grants that will help fund educator positions and programs for next school year.
Make it Happen in May by going online now to make a donation https://www.scefkids.org/donate/. If you give through your workplace giving please let us know (email@example.com) as it can take 8 to 10 weeks for us to receive word of your donation.
Thank you for your support.
San Carlos Youth Center Zoom
If you have any questions or activity suggestions, please contact Caitlyn Matoso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Parent Education Series
Check out the Parent Education Series video library of parent education workshops and presentations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt-IoSXVF_U2_R0zDaefG3Q
Learn more - https://www.seq.org/STUDENTS--PARENTS/Parent-Resources/Parent-Education-Series/index.html