Dear TL Families:
As we ease back in from Spring Break, teachers, staff and administrators will take April 6 & 7 to engage in professional development, grade level planning and department planning while students work on independent learning. Our goals for the remainder of the school year:
- Engage and stay connected with students, staff and parents
- Focus on foundational grade level standards including social emotional learning
- Promote safe, respectful, responsible online learning and collaboration.
April 6 and 7
- Students should login for attendance
- Pick from the Independent Learning Menu and engage in 3-5 hours of school activities
- Include lunch, breaks, recess, play, exercise, mindfulness and socialization with friends
- Teachers are learning and planning so they are unable to web conference, respond to emails or send assignments
I am working on pushing this out to students directly as well, so they should check the TL website and their school email account. At this time, I do not have a student contact list to send students these messages directly through School Messenger.
We appreciate your support and patience at this time. We have drastically changed the way we serve, guide, teach and interact with students which requires learning for all of us. We are trying to create a balance in the amount of work assigned and due dates while acknowledging students learn in different ways. Differentiation has been quite a challenge.
There are many questions around what the end of the year will bring and how we will celebrate our 8th grade class of 2020. We will begin to work on this in the month of May. There are some of us that have seniors in high school too. Our own children need support during this time of uncertainty. We remain positive and hope to turn this into an opportunity to invent and create when faced with challenges. Stay healthy and safe and take care of your family.
Kristen M. Ugrin