Dear TL Families:
During our second week of distance learning, we continue to work had to plan and problem solve. All lessons and assignments are posted on each teacher's google classroom. Teachers are collecting input from students about the process and sharing ideas, questions and concerns with each other. Based on feedback, we are trying to balance the amount of work for students. Teachers are being flexible around due dates for assignments. We want to recognize that you may be facing challenges at home with distance learning.
On a positive note, students are being responsible online and most are checking in, asking questions and collaborating with teachers. We are highly impressed with all the skills students are learning that are necessary for this new type of learning. Students are learning to collaborate through tools like Google Classroom and how to communicate through email. As we adjust to this new type of learning, a reminder about a few ways to communicate and adapt to online learning:
- Students should use their school account for emailing teachers, @scsdk8.org
- Students should check email daily and check in for attendance daily the link is on the TL homepage
- Students are expected to read directions for their assignments. Don't skip this part :) Students are building their comprehension skills and should be encouraged to slow down and carefully read through directions.
- There are many resources, including counseling support, on the Distance Learning Portal on the TL homepage
- Webinar learning is not available at this time through student accounts. This is a complex process and we are working on getting tools out for teachers and students to use for learning
- While in Google Classroom, students should follow our expectations -PAWS - Practice Safety, Act Responsibly, Work Ethically and Show Respect. If students make inappropriate comments, they will be muted. Students will still be able to participate, learn and turn in work.
- All students learn at different paces and in different ways. We are learning a lot about each other.
- Take time to exercise, breathe and socialize in creative ways.
- This is an awesome opportunity to grow our teaching and learning practices.
This is a fluid process with a steep learning curve. All staff at TL appreciate everyone's encouragement and support.